July 9, 2012

Trades Update

401k: No trades. Got a downgrade from UBS on V, thanks guys. V recovered nicely but it was at 52-week highs when it got downgraded. Makes you wonder. At any rate, still holding AAPL and long TNA.

Trading Account: Sold TNA intraday trade on the morning decline, 0.5% loss on that. Entered another long TNA intraday trade at around 11:00 and watched the paint dry till the close.  It sits near entry and looks like I'll have to pay attention to the open again in the morning. Still holding AAPL and half position in MGAM.

Market looks like it is at least taking a rest, selling has not been very heavy the last two days of decline. Certain stocks have held up well and some are setting up. My favorite is AMZN which is quietly consolidating under its highs. Get the feeling earnings may boost it through if it breaks out, of course that could go the other way as well.

Regarding my TNA method, I found one mistake in my testing and am in the process of re-performing it just to double check everything. I did the testing in late 2011 so it is a good refresher. I will have a couple of changes to make to it after my testing is done. I also added another year to my testing since the data was still available in the old Telechart. The method is currently long with a stop at entry.   

Have a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment